It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:08 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

We had 2 dinner visits and several casual orders at the bar at Water's Edge, on our last visit to Aruba in May/18.
A new item on the dinner menu is rack of lamb so I ordered it and it was soooo good. Perfectly cooked by the chef, exactly as I requested. I literally wanted to lick my plate. But I didn't. My husband had his usual steak (don't remember what type) and he was very happy with his food as well. Very tasty sides included and excellent service. Total was less than $100, with service charge included, and we added an extra tip, no alcohol.

Second dinner I had the shrimp scampi with garlic and husband had his steak again. Again, excellent service and food beautifully prepared. The shrimp scampi was to die for and I would have wanted to lick my plate but it was such a large serving that I couldn't finish it. Had wine with dinner and total was about $100 with service charge and tip included.

At the bar during happy hour we ordered calamari, cesear salad with chicken, and burgers, all on different occasions. All were excellent with prompt service with a smile and reasonably priced but I must say that the calamari are the best I have had anywhere in the world, hands down. And goes really well with a chilled glass of chardonnay.

One more thing I would like to say about Water's Edge is that if you are an owner at Costa Linda and you get sick, the chef will prepare a huge bowl of homemade chicken soup just for you, no charge. I wasn't well one day and my husband went down to the bar to tell some friends that I wouldn't be down for happy hour. The staff overheard and sent my husband back to the room with a HUGE container of freshly made chicken soup. It was so kind and thoughtful and it reminded me of how thankful I am that I am able to come to Aruba and Costa Linda every year.

The other great thing about Water's Edge is just that; it is situated on the edge of Eagle Beach and just sitting there enjoying the view is awesome enough. And then you have the smiling staff that know you by name and provide excellent service and the chef that prepares some of the best food on the island. You just can't go wrong eating here.