The Aruba Forums
It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:35 pm 
Sophomore

We eat out each night we are in Aruba. This year we went to our favorite restaurants and tried a couple of new ones. I did not write down the cost of each dinner, but they normally ranged from $150 - $250. This would include a cocktail, bottle of wine, the dinner and tip.

7/2 – Atardi – This was our first night and the tradition is eating at Atardi. Maurico was the best. We made our evening so enjoyable. My husband had the Bouillabaisse soup. I had the Shrimp Starter. I had the Shrimp Stew, and he had the Sea Bass. We thoroughly enjoyed this dinner.

7/3 – Gianni – My husband had Minestrone soup, and I had Pasta E Fagioli soup. He had the Veal Osso Bucco, and I had the Scampi Gianni. Our waiter Jean Carlos Barrientos was terrific.

7/4– Aqua Grill – I had King Crab Legs, and my husband had Scallops. The King Crab Legs were terrific, big and meaty.

7/5 – Sunset Grille – We both had Filet Mignon, Potatoes Gratin. Everything was cooked to perfection.

7/6 – Papillon – Escargot, I had the Asparagus soup, and he had French Onion soup. I had the Grouper with Shrimp & Lobster, and he had the Boeuf Bourguignon. My only complaint about this restaurant is that it is not a non-smoking place. Normally I don’t mind a little bit of smoke, however on the night we dined there, 2 couples were seated at the table next to us and they all smoked constantly. It put a damper on our wonderful meal. We will go back as we love the food here.

7/7 – Atardi – We both had the Bouillabaisse soup. I had the Lobster, and he had Sea Bass again. This was my birthday so we got the Coconut Cake which is delicious. Maurico once again did not disappoint us. We have been going to this restaurant for the past 12 years and have always requested Maurico.

7/8 – Barefoot – Escargot and mushrooms. My husband had the Caribbean Grouper, and I had the Snapper *Old Amsterdam*. Enjoyable evening watching the sunset.

7/9 – Elements – We had the Seafood Napoleon, I had the Grouper with Fruit Salsa, and he had the Filet de Boeuf.

7/10 – Daniels – Escargot, Bacon wrapped Scallops, Lamb Chops, Filet Mignon, and Cheesecake. Our waiter was Patrick and he was a gem. Very attentive and kept us entertain the entire evening.

7/11 – BLT – We had the Shrimp Cocktail, I had the Veal Chop, and he had the Wagyu Ribeye. This was our most expensive dinner of the 11 nights. Food was good, and I loved the popovers they served, but I thought it was overpriced. We originally wanted to sit outside, but the patio was reserved for a party, so we sat by the windows which was just fine.

7/12 – Gianni – We had the Mussels in White Wine, my husband ha the Veal Osso Bucco, and I had the Scampi Gianni. We requested Jean Carlos Barrientos as our waiter, and again he did not disappoint us.