It is currently Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

Post subject: Atardi (Simply Fish)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:55 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Best service on the island. We make a habit of eating at Atardi for our last dinner of our trip. We always ask for Mauricio to be our server. He has been waiting on us for the past 8 years. This year we reached out to him on Facebook to let him know we were renewing our vows and would love for him to come. He unfortunately was working but we hoped to see him another day. We ran into him at the Marriott Hotel adult pool one afternoon before his shift. If I could vote for him as Marriott Aruba's best employee I would.
He remembers everyone by name and even asked about my sister who also travels to Aruba with us.
We arrived for our reservation and were seated promptly at a table right by the sea. We chatted with Mauricio about the vow renewal and his family.
We miss the Caesar salad on the menu but this is never a problem as Mauricio always finds a way for it to appear at our table. Our Surf and Turf was seasoned and cooked perfectly. The potatoes outstanding.

We were ecstatic to see the coconut cake made a return to the menu this year. Last year Mauricio overheard us say we were disappointed it was no longer being offered and he made sure both my sister and I had a piece for dessert.

This year he asked what our wedding song was and asked the musician if he would play it for us. Unfortunately he didn't know the song but he played a beautiful song by Billy Joe for us to dance to.

The surprises didn't end there. Before we left Mauricio stopped at our table with two wrapped presents. When we opened the gifts we discovered he had looked at our Vow Renewal photos on Facebook and printed out two beautiful pictures and put them in frames.

This man is outstanding. If you are lucky enough to be in Aruba don't miss out on dinner with my favorite person; Mauricio.