All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Playa Linda
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:56 pm 
Senior

I figured I better put down a few lines before it slips my mind. My wife and I along with my granddaughter went down on Friday June 28th and came back on Sunday July 8th. Made the most of the holiday and only had to take off 5 business days and got to stay 10 on the island.

Our good friends and their son came with us, we got a 2 bedroom at the Costa Linda for Friday night and Saturday night.
I loved that there was no need to get up early for a Palapa at C.L. and Saturday morning I went down at around 7 and got a front row. We enjoyed the day at the beach and at the pool, bought beer at the market to save some money and had dinner at Chalet Suisse. Always someplace we enjoy.

Sunday we moved down to Playa Linda, of course, early, and our room wasn't ready when we arrived so we just stored our luggage and went to the beach. They made us feel right at home even before checking in. Had some snacks at Carlita's (wings are great there) and just hung out. I think our room was the last to be ready but it was worth it, room 607 facing the beach, couldn't be a better view.

I don't want to drag this out so I will just say that even though we had a car we used it very little, super foods just once. Had dinners at the Oaks (Fabulous) best sauce I ever tasted on the seafood stew, 12 year old granddaughter had the lobster and loved it $$$. We also went to Yamanja, Sunset Grill and Gianni's, all were wonderful in their own way.

This was our 3rd time coming over the 4th of July and we were looking forward to the fireworks on the beach. We were not disappointed, the Hyatt next door sets up a great picnic and has a nice show, especially from the balcony of our unit. We invited some additional friends over that were staying inland and had Margaritas and Tacos somewhat of a tradition. The Playa Linda also had a smaller picnic on the beach for the owners but we stayed at the unit (we had rented from an owner)

Not much more to say, we had planned on taking our granddaughter to see the Ostriches and donkeys as it was her first visit but she was content with the beach, pool and restaurants we went to. She said her favorite part was the food.

I would have to mention that at the P.L. If you wanted a front row Palapa you had to be up at 4 am, ouch!! But 6 am got you a nice second row with a view.

We enjoyed our 7th trip to the island and hope to go back soon.