All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: 11/9-11/13
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:05 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

the last week was pretty much the same as the first 2. beach, eat, drink, repeat. The Riu was less crowded than the previous week but we did notice more people at the other resorts. Playa Linda's beach was pretty full and i think i heard one of the staff mention they were at 60%.

There was definately more rain this week but we never lost a beach day. We only had dinner out 2 nights this week, one was to Hostaria and the other was Quinta Del Carmen. Neither of them full, but then we dont go out until 8:30. Food good at both.

Our flight to newark was moved up from 3:30 to 1:40. got to the airport at 10:45. I believe we were the only flight until later in the afternoon. The United counter was very slow, took almost 30 minutes to check in and get to the first outdoor point where only 1 person was working. Inside none of the automated machines were open and there were 2 immigration people. it took 45 minutes to get to the first security check point, only 1 screener open. Finally got to one happy bar at noon, had a couple of drinks and the grilled cheese sandwich. finished just in time to board.

This was definately one of my favorite trips. While the island is surely hurting it was nice to have the "old" island back. the empty beaches, no crowds, just a peaceful, no stress vacation. felt totally safe, would go back in a heart beat.