It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

Post subject: Day 6
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:28 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

To see most of what we did look at Day 5. Basically continuing on the nothing approach to vacations.

But it was Sunday and supplies were running low so off to the markets early as I never remember what's open and for how long. The convincing Mrs. AJ does not want to eat out so I get some prepared to barbeque chicken and pork for the evening plus yet another bottle of vodka.

As I get ready for the beach I yet again try to put on sunscreen. How is it after I finish I look like a Kabuki performer? Casper the friendly ghost would laugh at me. So I wait for what seems forever for it to sink in but I have come to the conclusion that I have so much on that if shot at by a bullet it would bounce off. Yes I could use the spray which by the way how stupid (almost always done by men) is it to stand up with the Aruba Trade Winds blowing and ry and spray oneself. Only possible good outcome would be if you are down wind when that happens. Free sunscreen.

End of day shower and grab the meat and bottle of wine and head down to barbeque on one of the four Phoenix outside grills. Luckily only one other person is cooking so on goes the chicken and pork and out comes the wine. We chat it up with people from Mass and Maine and back up, baked potato, salad and rest of wine. Cost of dinner. $12.46. No service fee or tax (more on that BS later).

End of Day 6

FYI As of this posting and for the rest of the vacation we have not turned on the TV. All the news I get or don't I get from Aruba Today. Can any of you ever say that?