The Aruba Forums
It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Good morning 9/16
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:17 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good afternoon, all! :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:21 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Tara, healing thoughts for your sister in Texas.

CGO wrote:
Good Morning!
Judi, yikes that looks painful. Praying for clear margins and patience for you and your nurse. Perfect healing!
ML, I have issues with tapes and glue, so it might be that, a reaction. Praying you feel better soon!
I have a CRAZY work day today, more video visits in one day than ever.....going to be interesting.
I helped Lilly get the red out of her hair yesterday by a visit to Sally Beauty and I forgot to buy gloves.
My hands are very dark brown on tops and palms and my nails are black. I have tried every home remedy on the internet, Ken can't stop laughing at me. They actually hurt from the hair dye, just feel swollen and tingly.....stupid, stupid, stupid. Ugh! Why do we do these things. Ken said, it does make my wedding ring stand out :shock:
Wishing everyone a great day.
Kristen, I want to see these blankets! Good Luck Patti!

Carolina, these are the chunky blankets that you may have seen on Etsy.

"Live in the sunshine, swim in the sea, drink the wild air." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:29 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good afternoon. So much happening in the Swamp.

Please take care Judi. You know what you have to do. So sorry you are going through this. Wishing you a speedy recovery. I hope Dick is taking care of you the best he can. (He's not you, so patience my friend.)

Hi MaryLou. My experience with the redness and itching is that is the incision healing. Hope you get some relief soon and you're not allergic. A speedy recovery to you also.

Oh Carolina. Very nice of you to help Lilly, however... (Can we have pics?? :roll: ) I'd call a hairdresser in the area and ask for some advice. Maybe the store where you bought the dye sells something that would help?

Hi Tara. Hope your sister has her procedure done sooner than soon. Might not be a bad idea to mention this to your primary care when you visit next.

Best wishes to all Monkeys recuperating, testing, vacationing. Please be safe.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:38 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Forgot to mention, Carolina maybe try regular finger nail polish remover with acetone. I tried taking a gel nail polish off once and it stained all of my fingers. I went out and purchased acetone polish remover and it came right off. The polish was more like a paint. If you try this, try it on one small area of your hand first. It doesn't hurt at all, but it does dry out your hands A LOT. Nothing a few days of thick hand lotion won't cure!

"Live in the sunshine, swim in the sea, drink the wild air." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:18 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good afternoon all!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:16 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Afternoon!
Another day at MIL's apt. Got a lot done today. Jim's SUV was full when we donated it. Just have to clean out her kitchen cabinets and clean up the place.
Came home and went into my hot tub.....water temp. was 104 degrees....It was hot but it felt so good!
Sending you healing prayers Judi! Take Care!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:40 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

ann wrote:
Good Morning! Judi, glad you are feeling good....yes, margins are important, how to keep it clean while it heals, scar cream (the Aloe stuff here is pretty good...I'll check the name) which sunscreen and what #. hat is a given, every time you leave the house! Ronnie and Linda...beautiful sunrise shots...[color=#FF0000]looks like some of the smoke from the west coast (prayers for all impacted)is giving a hazy glow. Marylou, I think the shock to your body catches up with you after a few days...take care. Mary, I agree Mimma has done a great job with the remodel. Carolina.... :lol: . We have Fantastic Gardens here (7:30AM right on time) with a team to trim the 100+ years old tree in our back yard. I have business to attend to today....didn't get to all of it yesterday :roll: Continued prayers....have a good one friends.[/color]

You would be the only one that caught it Ann!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:42 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Darsflipflops wrote:
Good Afternoon!
Another day at MIL's apt. Got a lot done today. Jim's SUV was full when we donated it. Just have to clean out her kitchen cabinets and clean up the place.
Came home and went into my hot tub.....water temp. was 104 degrees....It was hot but it felt so good!

Dars, did I miss something? Did you find a place for Jim’s mom already?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:07 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Pat7 wrote:
Darsflipflops wrote:
Good Afternoon!

YESSSS We did Pat!! :D
The Social worker at the hospital was wonderful......it all happened so fast! She is just minutes from us and she is adjusting well.....we knew it was time and so did she. Talked to her on phone yesterday for a few minutes. Can not visit her due to the virus. The facility where she is at is very strict ......they have not had one patient or staff member sick since all of this happened. Jim is so much more relaxed now.....it was getting to be too much on him and us both too!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:50 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Darsflipflops wrote:
Pat7 wrote:
Darsflipflops wrote:
Good Afternoon!

The Social worker at the hospital was wonderful......it all happened so fast! She is just minutes from us and she is adjusting well.....we knew it was time and so did she. Talked to her on phone yesterday for a few minutes. Can not visit her due to the virus. The facility where she is at is very strict ......they have not had one patient or staff member sick since all of this happened. Jim is so much more relaxed now.....it was getting to be too much on him and us both too!

That’s great!! Happy for you all and it’s nice that it is close by. Hopefully visits will resume soon but at least she is safe.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:22 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Pat7 wrote:
Darsflipflops wrote:
Pat7 wrote:
Darsflipflops wrote:
Good Afternoon!

That’s great!! Happy for you all and it’s nice that it is close by. Hopefully visits will resume soon but at least she is safe.

Thank you Pat!! :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:09 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Dars that is wonderful!
I hope she likes it there!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:14 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Dars...delighted to read that Jim's mother is safe and happy. You and Jim will feel so much better! Hugs, delighted for you both! And thank Kat for bringing this to the top again...I would have missed it! Ronnie.... :wink: :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:15 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Yes, I would have missed it too. That’s wonderful news Dars.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:16 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I missed it too. So happy that you found a place for Jim's mom and glad that she is adjusting and seems happy there. I'm sure it is such a relief for Jim and you to know that she is being well cared for.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next