It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:47 pm 
Site Admin

Originally posted by Cheryl:

Thank you for your generous and thoughtful comments. Sometimes when I reread my posts and trip reports, I think maybe I spend too much time talking about my experiences with the animals - but whenever I am there, the little creatures find me somehow. I think if I lived in Aruba full time, my place would be overrun with puppies and kittens! Then I'd be known as the nutty lady with all the animals!!!! I may get that nickname anyway. I really must tell you all how very special your comments and support are to me in regard to this special project we are trying to accomplish for the animals in Aruba. This is a very special BB and I really enjoy participating in it with you all. LOL....Cheryl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:18 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Hi Cheryl,

I was living full time on the island and pretty sure I was called the "crazy american cat lady"!!! The problem is there are just not enough resources to tackle this problem. People like you help out so much. I know for me it was joyful and heartbreaking. It's a hard thing to do and I am still in awe how some people on the island keep it up! Hopefully we can all work together and help who we can.

Just like the starfish story.

Lizzardo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:51 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Cheryl, not to get off the subject but there is a puppy and an older dog across from Divi village at the beach. The older dogs eye is pretty bad and swollen and red and bulging out. He comes around the pool at divi village in the morning and the puppy chases the golf carts around. The older dog seems in distress and do not know who to contact about them

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:05 pm 
Senior

We're at Divi Golf now and we haven't seen the dog with a swollen eye. There are a few dogs behind Divi AI (by the maintenance building), one of which is expecting puppies soon. There are two dogs roaming between the Tam and Divi but we haven't seen one of them in a few days. A lovely German woman is also helping feed the strays so we compare notes on our sightings each evening. Will try to get in touch with someone who can help with the expectant mother. I just wish I could take all of them home!